I’m most definitely NOT a winter person (I get cold very easily, mostly dislike winter fashion and absolutely hate winter in the city – nasty dirty mushy snow with delayed public transportation is no fun at all. I haven’t skied in ten years so winter at the mountains isn’t really my thing either…) so I thought I’d put together a list of things that one can do in December in order to try and make this month a little more fun. Let’s begin, shall we?
1. Buy/Make an Advent Calendar. I love advent calendars! I love the chocolate ones (though I’ll be honest and admit that I usually buy them later on in December when they’re on sale and you get to eat multiple windows at once, which is awesome) but I love the non-chocolate ones even more. I really wanted to buy a cosmetic advent calendar this year but sadly I didn’t find one that I liked enough to buy, so I have that on my to-do list for next year. I did manage to purchase this accessories calendar from H&M that I’ve already mentioned in my last post. I really like this calendar and think it was a good price too, it cost 30 euros. You could also make your own advent calendar but for me the element of surprise is all part of the fun so maybe making one for a friend and exchanging them could be an option.
This pair of earrings was in the first window and this bracelet and charm were in window number 2.
2. Join a photo challenge. I’m trying this out for the first time this month and so far (day 2) am really liking it. I actually joined a plus size blogger challenge without realizing it was a plus size blogger challenger (it was late at night and the cute Christmas pudding at the corner drew me in) but the girls are really nice and let me join anyways. The photo above was my selfie, I rather dislike taking selfies (I always feel ridiculous taking the photo and then I think I look weird in the selfie so I don’t take them very often) but I’m really looking forward to some of the following days! I love that this will help guide me this month with what to post on my instagram and even if I don’t post every day, it seems like a fun challenge.
3. Take a warm bath. I love taking baths especially since I’ve discovered Lush. Some of their bath bombs and bubble bars are completely magical! I especially love taking warm baths in the winter time. The bath bomb pictured below is one of my favorites and it’s called intergalactic.
4. Be all cozy at home with a book. Okay, so this is probably my favorite of all because I love to read, I love being at home and I love it even more if it’s really nasty weather outside. If it’s snowing or below freezing outside and I’m curled up on the sofa in my PJs, I won’t be complaining. This year I didn’t buy any clothes or accessories during the Black Friday sales, but I did buy two kindle books on Amazon’s sale (I bought Kristin Hannah’s The Nightingale and Mary Kubica’s The Good Girl), which I’m excited about reading in the near future.
5. Outdoor activities. It already snowed here in Prague but the snow disappeared almost as soon as it appeared so I don’t think I’ll be making a snowman any time soon, however, there are loads of things to do outside – I plan on going to feed the swans and I also plan on going to visit the Christmas market in Prague’s Old Town Square (it’s not as nice as the ones in Vienna but I still want to go at least once this December, I love the roasted chestnuts!) And since making a real snowman might not be in the cards for this year, I made a Lush Snowman Fun snowman. I think he’s quite cute, if I do say so myself (though bunny Bananas was NOT impressed.) I might write another “Things to do in December” post as the month goes on so if you have any suggestions about what should be on the list, please let me know.
One thought on “Things to do in December”
I’m not a fan of winter at all either, and it’s not so cold here. My favourite thing from this list is reading. 🙂